No, I have not forsaken Original Content. But now that I'm writing other kinds of short-form work, the short-form blog posts don't seem as pressing. In fact, a blog post I began last week may become a short-form piece published elsewhere. Or not.
Some Things I've Been Doing The Last Couple Of Weeks Instead Of Blogging
2. I have been preparing for John the Baptist Day. You know, the French Canadian holiday that happened today. All you French Canadians and FrancoAmericans have, like me, been planning cookouts, making your deck presentable, cleaning the house, mowing the lawn, and dealing with cancellations, because, just like Christmas and Easter, people are sick.
3. I finished a quick revision of one of my completed adult manuscripts, which I hope to start submitting again next week. Which means the week after.
4. I've been binge reading some not very elevating historical mysteries. This experience has given me an idea for a scifi short story, because I am committed to short-form work as I've mentioned before.
I'm Psyched For The Next Few Weeks
- I won't be planning a holiday meal and gathering.
- I've got that book submission coming up. I find submissions exciting, because rejection doesn't bother me. In fact, there's something to be said for it. Acceptance always involves additional work of some kind.
- I have a bag of books I got at my favorite library a couple of weeks ago, I'm reading one of the historical mysteries as an ebook, and I was just notified that two ebooks I requested are available.
So if I'm not posting here regularly, it's because I'm doing that.