Goal 1. Adhere to Goals and Objectives
- Set time frames now for at least some of this year's goals.
- Continue weekly checks of goals.
- Experiment with using timekeeping app to stay on task
Goal 2. Generate New Work Through End Of April--Adult Novels
- Complete final draft for Becoming Greg and Emma.
- Finish a first draft of Seeking God.
- Blueprint new chapters.
- I have a beta reader lined up for this manuscript
- Assign number of hours per week for each project, using timekeeping app to stay on task
Goal 3. Generate New Work, May Through August--Short Stories & Essays
- Food essays!
- External support for willpower essay
- Essays developed from workshop proposals
- Research markets all year
- Make essay and short story reading a priority
- Beginning with the first issue of my Carve subscription, which I've had for a couple of months
Goal 4. Make More Than 33 (last year's number) Submissions Of Completed Work Throughout The Year
- Trouble at Wee Play World to list of publishers
- Essay to P&W
- Research deals at Publishers Marketplace
- Research regional publisher for The Fletcher Farm Body
- Consider including brief market analysis with book submissions.
- As described in Fall 2016 SCBWI Bulletin
Goal 5. Marketing Effort For Saving the Planet & Stuff EBook For April, Earth Day Month, Targeting Specific Markets
- Create new slide show related to SP&S setting
- Take pictures this month
- Look into adding sound/narrative
- Research ways to promote the slide show
- Article on the recycling crafts in SP&S
- Research markets for it
- This objective would also support Goals 3 and 4, so...multiplier!
Goal 6. Support And Promote Diverse Literature As A Means Of Helping To Maintain A Civil Culture
- Blog Posts Related To But Not Limited To:
- Chinese New Year
- Black History Month
- Women's History Month
- Earth Day
- Canada Day
- Labor Day
- Native Reads
- Provide social media support for other bloggers/writers generating diversity material
Goal 7. Community Building/General Marketing/Branding
One of my most successful goals last year, in terms of accomplishing the objectives.
- Continue with writers' group
- Continue with Original Content
- January--Cybils judging
- Check out NESCBWI spring conference, with possibility of attending
- Check out NESCBWI-PAL offerings this year, with possibility of attending
- Attend other authors' appearances
- Continue with promoting Original Content at Google+, Facebook communities, Goodreads' blog, and Twitter
- Continue reviewing environmental books at Amazon
- Research markets (Supports Goals 3 and 4. Multiplier!)
- Supports Goal 7, so another multiplier.