For the sake of controlling my obsessiveness, I'm only mentioning the objectives I've worked on. The others have not been dropped, they're just being saved for another month.
Goal 1. Work on short-form writing, essays and short stories.
- Have nearly finished revising His Times Or Mine essay.
- Have read an essay or short story every day of the month.
- Finish reading A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf. I feel accomplished and smart.
Goal 2. Concentrate on submitting completed book-length projects as well as short form work. Made 7 submissions this month. Okay, 5 were part of a Twitter pitch day
- Have been binge researching agents.
Goal 3. Work on the YA thriller just enough so I'll have material to take to my SCBWI writers' group.
- Revised one scene to take to the group next month
- Am reading a very good YA thriller
Goal 4. Complete a second draft of Good Women by September. Took the month of January off to let the the smoke settle, though I have continued to make a few notes.
Goal 5. Community Building/General Marketing/Branding
- Hoping to get back to writers' group next month.
- Continued with Original Content.
- Attended other authors' appearances.
- Continued to promote Original Content.
- Provided social media support for writers/bloggers generating diversity material.
New Goal 6. Research and create notes for a happy apocalyptic story.
I lost a week of serious work time this past month because of retreat week. This next month is going to be shaky because we have an ill elder and a family member coming from out of state. But we're going to think in terms of working in units, not days. Yeah. That's the ticket.