According to the Encyclopedia of Science Fiction, the Lodestar Awards are voted on by the same people who vote on the Hugos, but the Lodestar is not a Hugo. "The chief reason for this distinction is the principle that no single work should be eligible for multiple Hugo categories: Young Adult tales are not excluded from, and indeed have won, the Hugo for best novel and best novella." So now you know that. And it is interesting.
The 2019 finalists and the winner (in bold) are:
- Children of Blood and Bone, by Tomi Adeyemi (Henry Holt / Macmillan Children’s Books)
- The Belles, by Dhonielle Clayton (Freeform / Gollancz)
- The Cruel Prince, by Holly Black (Little, Brown / Hot Key Books)
- Dread Nation, by Justina Ireland (Balzer + Bray)
- The Invasion, by Peadar O’Guilin (David Fickling Books / Scholastic)
- Tess of the Road, by Rachel Hartman (Random House / Penguin Teen)
Tor.com lists all the finalists and winners.