First off, I just want to say that I've worked maybe three or four hours this week on cleaning up my email in-box for just one of my three inboxes. No, I am not done. Not sure what goal that addresses.
Goal 2. Work On Adult Short Stories, Essays, And Humor
- I finished revising the short story I mentioned the last time I did one of these posts, back on September 8.
- Did some research on places to submit the aforementioned short story.
- Received a rejection. I also received a rejection last week. Yes, I am bragging.
Goal 4. Submit Adult Books To Agents
- Have a list started on new agents to research for a round of submissions on a new book.
- Received a rejection a few weeks ago from an agent on another book. Yes, I am bragging
Goal 5. Community Building/General Marketing/Branding
- Did two blog posts. Three counting this one.
- Marketed those blog posts on social media.
- Have some blog posts planned/started for next week.
- Attended a Zoom workshop.
New Goal 6. A New Book Project
- I don't want to say much about this, because I planned to give up novel writing and concentrate on shortform writing this year. It's historical. I'm enjoying spending a lot of time on shallow research. I don't have a blueprint. I have two chapters that I still keep tinkering with.
- I'm hoping to get deeply involved with other things so I leave this project alone.