Goal 1. Adult Short Stories, Essays, and Humor
- I did not finish a rough draft this week, though I have been working on a short story regularly. Since it is a short story and not flash fiction, I am accepting that it is taking more than a week to finish it. This story involves a little historical research. In addition to reading about men's drawers in the nineteenth century, I found a battle during the First Boer War that I can use.
- Received a publication date for the humor piece that was accepted last week--next Tuesday.
- Will sign up for another workshop later today after I've done a few other things.
Goal 2. Submit 143 Canterbury Road to Agents
- Finished the submission letter.
- Refined my list of agents. Have more to do on that. This is a rough part of submitting--finding agents who represent what you wrote, sell a few books (and that's all some agents do), and are open to submissions.
- Made one submission. Huzzah!
- Was making another submission when the Query Manager form announces it wants a synopsis. An honest-to-God synopsis, not the mini-synopsis in my cover letter. Being a relatively normal human being, I hate making synopses. It was 2:30 when I saw this. So, yes, that will be in my bullet journal for next week.
Goal 3. Community Building/General Marketing/Branding
- Did 3 blog posts this week (counting this one), started another, got an idea for another.
- Provided some social media support for other writers by promoting yesterday's blog post regarding my reading.
- The action above was a multiplier, because it also met the objective to promote my own blog posts. Which makes me feel better about how much time it took.