- Make me realize how much I am doing so that I'll be delighted with myself.
- Force me to hustle a bit so I'll have something to report, which I do recall doing back in the day. No, I do not recall why I quit doing this five years ago.
So let's begin again.
First off, I'd just like to point out that I have completed two of my goals for this year, 1 and 3. Not this past week, of course, but I'm claiming credit, anyway.
This week I have worked on:
Goal 2. Work On Adult Essays, Short Stories, And Humor.
- I have started revising a blog post into an essay that I think I can submit a couple of places.
- I found a new site that I could submit it to.
- I've been reading New Yorker humor.
- I've been reading a book on storytelling.
- Had a new humor piece published at Frazzled.
- Had a new humor piece rejected by Points in Case.
- Hunted for, and believe I've found, a way to share articles published on Medium so they can be read in their entirety. Which was happening in the past. This just came up this week, and I had to deal with it. Lost some time to that.
Goal 4. Submit Adult Books To Agents
- Did a little research on additional agents to submit Good Women to.
- Found a couple more agents to research when I'm ready to submit 143 Canterbury Road.
- Yikes! An agent I've been waiting to reopen for submissions apparently has. A to-do for my bullet journal.
Goal 5. Community Building/General Marketing/Branding
- Joined the Off Campus Writers' Workshop
- Followed a few new people on X.
- Accepted that Twitter is called X.
- Interacted with a few other writers on Medium
- Am increasing work on Original Content
Okay. It's not my best week ever. But it's not humiliating, either. I am encouraged to try to work harder or do more, in case that's not the same thing