Goal 1. Adult Short Stories, Essays, And Humor
- Still haven't finished the rough draft of the short story I was working on last week, though I continued to work on it. This is a short story rather than a humor piece or flash fiction. I may have been unrealistic about finishing something every week, since short stories require more of me than I remembered. It was one of my December starts, so I can feel good about that at least.
- Had a humor piece, Useful French Phrases For Madame Keith's World Languages Class, published at Slackjaw.
- Did some reading of short-form work, mainly humor.
- Took a workshop on the MICE Quotient, which was for novels rather than short stories, but maybe it could work. The workshop got a little murky. I'll go over this shorter explanation when I have the time.
- Received news that a piece of flash fiction I'd submitted to a contest didn't make it to the list of finalists.
Goal 2. Submit 143 Canterbury Road to Agents
- Made two more submissions for a total of three. Received two rejections the same morning. They are coming in fast and furious folks..
- Found more agents to submit to. Eliminated some agents as inappropriate.
Goal 3. Community Building/General Marketing/Branding
- Spent some time promoting the humor piece at Slackjaw. Emailing friends and family, posting at Facebook, posting at X, writing a blog post. And how beneficial was that? Hmm.
- Made four blog posts this week.