Goal 1. Adult Short Stories, Essays, and Humor
- I am still working on that short story I started two weeks ago, meaning my objective for doing a rough draft a week is way, way out the door. I considered putting this short story aside, thinking I needed more information of some kind to do the mid-section. Then I came up with another idea. So I'll keep plugging on it.
- Reread the rough draft of the humor piece I did in well under a week back in January. Oh...my...gosh.
Goal 2. Submit 143 Canterbury Road to Agents
- I made four submissions this week.
- I have some more agents lined up to submit to.
- I should probably be making these submissions in some kind of logical way, whereby I send out 7 submissions, then wait for the rejections, then make 7 more submissions. But I find it slow work researching agents, and I started this before Christmas. And it's also slow work to customize submissions for each agent. Plus my experience with agent submissions is that it really doesn't matter.
Goal 3. Community Building/General Marketing/Branding
- Did four blog posts this week, including this one.
- Did one blog post in support of another writer, then promoted it on X. That went well. Seriously.
- Updated my Goodreads blog for the first time in a year.
- Came up with an idea for reposting one of my weekly OC posts on the Goodreads blog, for what that will be worth.
- Interacted with some readers on Medium.