- The Shut Doors of Libraries by Jeannine Atkins. Libraries, it turns out, have not always been color blind and open to all. Jeannine is a Facebook friend and the author of, among other things, Little Woman in Blue.
- Graphic Memoirs: Why We Read Them. Why We Need Them by Sylvie Kantorovitz. The author discusses what the images in a graphic memoir should be doing, as well as how a memoir is based on memories and what that means in terms of fact.
Some interesting reviews:
- Cold by Mariko Tamaki, which I've read.
- Ironhead, or, Once a Young Lady by Jean-Claude van Rijckeghem, translated by Krisen Gehrman, which I have in a book bag in a closet next to me.
- Alone like Me by Rebecca Evans. I went to school with Rebecca's mother! From third to twelfth grade.
Post a Comment